The CEO of PMWorld Inc. David Pells has launched the new PM World Journal and Library with a five-part mission:
- to promote and support the creation of new program and project management (P/PM) knowledge;
- to promote and support the sharing of that knowledge with individuals and organizations new to P/PM or where such knowledge is sorely needed;
- to provide greater recognition and visibility for those who create new P/PM knowledge (authors);
- to provide a robust, easily accessible library of global P/PM knowledge and information; and
- to promote and support the use of modern P/PM for solving global problems.
Focused on program and project management; the first edition of PM World Journal was published at the beginning of August 2012. This new non-refereed eJournal will be followed closely by the new PM World Library. Both the eJournal and library, will be working closely with major books publishers like Gower, Wiley, CRC, etc.
The new PM World Journal is modelled after the former PM World Today in form and content (see our blog on the passing of PM World Today), but with different image, mission and web technology. We were regular contributors to the old PMWT, and expect to be supporting the new PMWJ over the coming months with a range of articles and papers.
The new PM World Library will represent a significant new development in the project management world and will provide a major new resource for professionals, practitioners, students, educators, researchers and organizations worldwide. It will become the new flagship service and will grow substantially going forward. The new library will provide the repository for articles and papers that we publish, and also provide single point access to online P/PM magazines, journals, eBooks, databases, services, news – similar to a traditional library.
A major feature is an expanded Author Showcase, where each author will have a web page with profile, photo and links to all articles, papers and other works by the author in the library, a virtual archive of the author’s professional work.
To sign up for the free eJournal and read the articles from the August edition see: http://pmworldjournal.net